This program will teach you core cybersecurity competencies including information security, network security and penetration testing. This exposure will allow the student to better understand the different opportunities available for employment in the cybersecurity sector. Demand for cybersecurity is exploding in both the United States and worldwide. The courses will utilize both python scripting and tool usage to give the students hands-on experience penetrating and defending systems. In addition to the applied cybersecurity labs, students will also gain an understanding of the complexity in defending business systems both today and in the future. Students looking for careers in information technology, risk management, cyber defense, cyber threats, cybercrime, digital forensics, incident response, IT Security, computer networking, cybersecurity risks, information assurance, intrusion detection, risk assessment, security analysis, and vulnerability management can all benefit from the material in the courses.
What you will learn
- Apply a security mindset while remaining ethical.
- Implement security design principles.
- Explain the core concepts of access control.
- Implement reference monitors.
- Apply security policies that are commonly used in modern operating systems.
- Analyze the security of a basic secure system.
- Explain virtualization and the impact on security and efficiency.
- 8. Think and work like an ethical penetration tester, implementing a repeatable and mature methodology that is tailored for each assessment.
- With a given target, successfully identify vulnerabilities, score their risk, and explain mitigations.
- Responsibly disclose findings in a professional report that can be used to recreate the exploit, explain the impact to the target, and prioritize each finding.
- Enumerate target hosts, domains, exposures, and attack surface.
- Identify flaws and vulnerabilities in applications, websites, networks, systems, protocols, and configurations using both manual techniques and assistive tools.
- Reverse engineer compiled applications to discover exploitable weaknesses.
- Write new exploits to test various types of vulnerabilities on clients, against servers, and to escalate privileges.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of secure network design.
- Understand the issues involved with providing secure networks.
- Analyze underlying cryptography required for secure communications, authorization and authorization.
- Enumerate the issues involved with providing secure networks.
1Information Security - Introduction to Information Security
2Information Security - Authentication and Access Control
3Information Security - Advanced topics
4Network Security - Protocols
5Network Security - Advanced Topics
6Penetration Testing - Discovering Vulnerabilities
7Penetration Testing - Exploitation
8Penetration Testing - Post Exploitation
9Network Security - Introduction to Network Security
Meet your instructors
- Identify and explain a programming development lifecycle, including planning, analysis, design, development, and maintenance.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of object-oriented programming by using structures and classes in software projects.
- Use object-oriented programming techniques to develop executable programs that include elements such as inheritance and polymorphism.
- Document and format code in a consistent manner.
- Apply basic searching and sorting algorithms in software design.
- Apply single-and multi-dimensional arrays in software.
- Use a symbolic debugger to find and fix runtime and logical errors in software.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of programming methodologies, including object oriented, structured, and procedural programming.
- Describe the phases of program translation from source code to executable code.
- Design and develop programs that utilize linked lists to store data internally.
- Design and develop programs that utilize stacks and queues to manage collections of data.
- Design and develop programs that recursion to solve problems that can be expressed with recurrence.
- Utilize binary search trees and balanced trees to implement fast retrieval of data from a collection of data stored in memory.