What is a Bootcamp?
Our facilitated bootcamps focus on rapid skill acquisition by progressing you through a standard course on an accelerated schedule with peers who are committed to progressing on pace. Our bootcamps include:
- Live kick-off event
- Instructor facilitated Q&A for expert feedback and coaching
- Learner Success Support: welcome call, advising sessions, personalized pace reminders
- 24/7 help desk
About This Course:
Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general with this introduction to Python course. This beginner-friendly Python bootcamp will quickly take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours and give you a taste of how to start working with data in Python.
Upon its completion, you’ll be able to write your own Python scripts and perform basic hands-on data analysis using our Jupyter-based lab environment.
You can start creating your own data science projects and collaborating with other data scientists using IBM Watson Studio. When you sign up, you will receive free access to Watson Studio. Start now and take advantage of this platform and learn the basics of programming, machine learning, and data visualization with this introductory course.
What You Will Learn:
- What Python is and why it is useful
- The application of Python to Data Science
- How to define variables in Python
- Sets and conditional statements in Python
- The purpose of having functions in Python
- How to operate on files to read and write data in Python
- How to use pandas, a must have package for anyone attempting data analysis in Python.
Meet Your Instructor:
Joseph Santarcangelo is currently working as a Data Scientist at IBM. Joseph has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. His research focused on using machine learning, signal processing, and computer vision to determine how videos impact human cognition.