What you will learn
- Map significant milestones in the emergence of social media
- Identify how different users are impacted by digital in/accessibility
- Extrapolate current social trends online and map possible directions in social media
- Understand how people interpret robots and bots as communicating, social, even emotional, others
Online communication and digital technologies dominate our everyday lives, extend our abilities, and change the way we communicate with each other. This series brings together three Internet Studies MOOCS:
- NET1x will increase learners’ understandings of social media by looking at the ways networked connectivity let users become ‘social’
- NET2x further explores the way digital technologies and social media channels impact our daily routines and transform how we live, using people with disability as a case study. Learners will be introduced to the social model of disability and the ways negative attitudes affect digital accessibility and representation.
- Continuing the theme of human reliance on technologies, NET3x explores how people communicate with robots and bots in everyday life, both now and into the future.
Courses in this program
1Social Media: How Media Got Social
2Disability and Digital Media: Accessibility, Representation and Inclusion
3Communicating with Robots and Bots
Meet your instructors
Course Creator Series Plus provides edX partners with the training required to build an online course for the edX platform. There are no prerequisites for this series, just access to the edx.org platform and enthusiasm for online learning!
While this series is open to the public, it is designed specifically for edX partners to learn how to create courses to be run in the edX environment.
These courses cover a wide variety of interests in online learning. In edX101, you will learn the process of building a course on the edX platform. In StudioX you’ll get hands-on instruction and learn how to use the course authoring software. Studio Advanced expands on StudioX with more in-depth course design and building skills. VideoX instructs on media best practices and BlendedX shows you how to design courses that combine classroom-based and online learning instruction.
All the courses draw upon real-world examples and pedagogical principles to help ensure you will learn what it takes to develop high-quality online courses.
What you will learn
- Design, develop, and run an online course on the edX platform following best practices.
- Build an online course in Studio, edX’s course authoring software.
- Use the edX platform to support a blended learning model.
- Implement a production process to design and build media for your courses.